Wednesday, August 31, 2011

the Vander Linden curse

Remember this post? Yesterday it reared its ugly head again. The bane of my existence and the root of a lot of my body insecurities...that's right, I'm talking about the Vander Linden curse.

For those of you who have either never seen me or have been living under a rock the entire time you've known me I'm, well, let's just say more blessed than most women. I come from a long line of well endowed women. My mom's side has dubbed it the Vander Linden curse-because we all have those damn Dutch genes and let's face it-any one who has naturally what others  have to pay for can tell you what a curse it actually is.

Anyway, I went up to This is the Place for my first costume fitting last night. I had hoped that since it's not community theatre they may have something that would fit the girls. Yeah, no such luck.

So the bad news is I don't fit into any of the "Work and the Glory" costumes-no really-that's what they are. The park bought them from the LHM Company.

But the good news is because I'm such a freak of nature I'm making Tate happy because I get a brand new dress and that's what he wanted to do all along...

I guess it's a good thing I didn't have to pay for my curves the way most do...but then I think the emotional price is higher... You bet I'm grasping at straws for the silver lining here...

My problem is I have enough for three...

3 comments:

Most Happy Girl said...

Now that I'm married, I have a few things to say about the affect that good-sized breasts have on men...but because this is a family-oriented blog, I shall refrain.

miss kristen said...

Nancy-I can imagine.

I've already warned Mr. Wonderful that once the last child is weaned the reduction is going to be scheduled.

He doesn't even have the husband perks yet and is already not happy about it...

Miss Megan said...

Lol. These comments are hilarious (and give me hope)! Meanwhile, I'm glad that you get your own new costume. Then you KNOW it's going to fit you. Can't wait to see you in it, doll!