Wednesday, August 31, 2011

operation chicken bake failure

Two posts in one day? How do you rate!?

The problem with cooking is that it's not always perfect. This is especially the case with the recipes you come up with yourself.

Case in point:

My chicken broccoli mushroom bake. I've done variations on it for a few years and it's always scored a three-helping rating with Mr. Wonderful, so I figured last night would be the same. For whatever reason it fell flat and although he said it wasn't terrible Mr. Wonderful only finished what I served him-no seconds last night. This is a massive failure in my book. I'm usually shooing him away from the kitchen so there's still leftovers for him to take for lunch the next day.

I think I know what went wrong so I had every intention of sharing my recipe with you today, but I have decided that rather than sharing a sub-par recipe with you I'm headed back to the kitchen to perfect before I share. Hopefully the next take will be worth sharing.


I promise it looked better than it tasted. :(

No comments: