Wednesday, August 10, 2011

big things are commin' my way

Or at least I hope so.

For the past few days-lie-weeks I have just had the feeling something big, something GREAT is on the horizon for me.

The only problem? I have no idea what it is.

An engagement? Possibly (although I'm not holding my breath for this one.)
A new home? Hopefully (I have been looking-but either way I WILL be moving in February.)
Finally achieving my goal and playing a leading role? Doubtful as I haven't auditioned for anything, but it's a nice thought.
The news for my big secret being good news? Hopefully.

All I know is I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. Hopefully HF will see fit to share His little secret with me soon, cause I'm DYING.

1 comment:

Most Happy Girl said...

I felt that way about 3-1/2 years ago. March 2008: I bought my condo. April 2008: I met Russ. It is amazing how it can happen like that.

Buying the condo was something I was looking for (hiring a realtor will do that for you), but not meeting Russell. I had finally reached a point in my life where I was leaving that part of my life in Heavenly Father's hands. Not that I wasn't open to a relationship, just that I didn't need one to define who I was or control what I did with my life. And things do have to happen in His time.

If you're leaving it up to the Big Guy Up There, I know it's going to be great.

Oh, here's my favorite C.S. Lewis quote:

"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself."
— C.S. Lewis (Mere Christianity)

(Sorry this was so long. Love you!)