Friday, January 14, 2011

good thing i didn't get it tattooed on my ass...

Yesterday the internet was all abuzz. Apparently the world is off its axis and everyone has a new sign on the Zodiac.
 If this is true I am no longer a
Ha ha ha ha! Not any more you aren't!
  and am now a
Don't worry kid; I feel the same way...

Man I feel bad for the people who decided to immortalize it in ink. Good thing I'm not one of them.

At first I didn't think much of it; it's just some hacks at a Planetarium making this announcement. Then at dinner Mr. Wonderful brought up the subject, so we started reading about what our "new" signs said about us. I started to have a bit of an identity crisis. I have always been a Virgo to the core, but I was finding I have a lot of Leo traits in me as well. Not to mention Mr. Wonderful and I are no longer compatible signs! GASP! The world is coming to an end!

Now I have never been all Professor Trelawney about this sort of thing (although the actual science behind it is quite interesting), but by this point I started to feel a little lost. I thought I knew who I was but now I had some moron at the Plane-arium (bonus points to those who know the reference) telling me I have been living a lie. It's been a difficult pill to swallow.

Although Mr. Wonderful said I have a lot of Leo in me, I nearly floored him when I read Virgo to him. We have agreed although I have Leo traits in me, there is no mistaking I am Virgo through and through.  

Then today the silver lining. I read that astrology experts aren't jumping on this bandwagon just yet. WAHOO! Maybe since I'm RIGHT on the cusp (the day after my birthday is when Virgo starts) I'll just say I'm a Lirgo and leave it at that.

Identity crisis solved. For now.

Here's where I'm getting my information:

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I too have been switched from Virgo to Leo. This is so full of bs that I refuse to go along with it.

miss kristen said...

I agree. It's a TOTAL load of BS.
virgos unite!

Larissa said...

I am still a Virgo. No matter what:-)

Erin Macceo said...

My sign changed too, I can't remember to what, but here's how I feel. The earth's axsis wasn't screwed up when I was born so I'm still a Gemini, all the babies born from yesterday on can be the new sign or time frame or whatever.

The Bakers said...

Acording to the internet it only change for those born after 2009 when the earth shifted or something. I don't fit either sign though.. what can you do.