Thursday, August 25, 2011

here we come a' caroling: part deux

Remember this?


I can now put you out of your misery and tell you what's up--and this time it's GOOD news for a change!

Tomorrow.
















I'm kidding, I'm kidding! After a week's delay I auditioned to be a caroler at 'This is the Place Heritage Park" last Thursday.

Last night I still hadn't heard anything so I figured I didn't get it and was going to cut my losses when I received a phone call telling me


I GOT IT.*

There are four sopranos in this group, and I'm now one of them. After the frustrations and doubt I've had about myself this year you have no idea how great this feels! My hard work and perseverance has finally paid off, and it feels great knowing I'm what they want. I'm not the consolation prize winner yet again. The only tears I shed last night were tears of joy.

And it felt GOOD.

You wanna know the best part? (Aside from being able to work with one of my most favorite and talented musical directors and dress in awesome period clothing?) It's a paid gig. I get to do what I love the very very most, and I get to be paid for it. That all on its own is pretty rad in my book.

Be sure to pencil a 'Candlelight Christmas' into your festivities this Christmas and I will let you know more the closer it gets.

*See? I told you it would be anti-climactic, but I'm stoked nonetheless.

5 comments:

S.R. Braddy said...

Oh, this is just too cool. Congratulations!

Larissa said...

This is NOT anti-climactic! This is AWESOME!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to come and see you!!!! YIPEEEEEEE!!!! You deserve it hooray hooray hooray!

Miss Megan said...

Are you kidding? That's the opposite of anti-climactic - it's totally climactic!! Congratulations on winning the part you want!! You are going to be amazing! You can bet I'll be there to cheer you on! Way to go, Kristen!!

miss kristen said...

Thanks guys. October 5 can't come quick enough!

Most Happy Girl said...

Wah hoo! You SOOOOOOO deserve this! We will be there will bells on (jingle bells, of course).