Tuesday, August 09, 2011

gorgeous

Why do I have such a hard time believing people when they call me 'gorgeous'? (No, I am NOT fishing for compliments here, just making a confession.) It's always meant as a compliment, and I always appreciate they think that enough to tell me, but for whatever reason I have a hard time BELIEVING that me, Miss Kristen-the tomboy til she was 10 and the best friend* after that-is gorgeous.

I know I'm pretty, but when I look in the mirror I don't think "wow, you're gorgeous."
I also know I'm lucky; I know all of my good looks I got from my parents-especially my mom.


She's the gorgeous one.


circa 1976-77-ish. Forgive the picture of a picture.



*Best friend-The ok looking girl who befriends the most desired girl/woman and subsequently plays second fiddle to her man-luring, eyelash batting, "I have five men vying for my attention, whatever shall I do?", girlfriend

2 comments:

Most Happy Girl said...

Did you know that in your profile picture on your blog you look so much like the picture you posted of your mom? Both very gorgeous woman, and I know you are inside as well as out.

miss kristen said...

Thank you Nancy.

Every now and then I see a little bit of my mom when I look in the mirror.