Wednesday, April 13, 2011

day three

My idea of a perfect first date. wow. I hate first dates more than pretty much anything. You're nervous and worried about making a good first impression. Nerves and trying to impress are NEVER a good combination. First dates are one step up from a job interview...hell. Let's be honest. First dates ARE a job interview.

I don't think I have EVER had a good first date-including my first date with Mr. Wonderful, so I'm just going to say my ideal first date would include the following:
  1. You are able to feel comfortable
  2. Conversation flows easily. (For someone who struggles with making small talk this is a biggie)
  3. You can be yourself-because let's face it-cat's gonna come out of the bag eventually, so you might as well do it from the get-go, right?
  4. A man who isn't afraid to be a gentleman. Chivalry is NOT dead guys.
  5. You have enough in common to get along, but are different enough to still be interesting.
  6. Anything that DOESN'T involve anything you can't talk during-movie, play, etc. How are you supposed to get to know each other when you're prohibited from talking?
  7. I'm not gonna lie. I'm a sucker for bowling, mini-golf, and rollerskating. It's impossible to not be yourself when you're doing any of these things...BUT I had a date take me go-karting once. Although it was fun helmet hair is NOT good for a first date.
  8. A non-awkward goodnight hug and a call or text in the next couple of days if he wants to go out again. Waiting is no bueno-but I've also had guys who WOULDN'T stop calling and texting. That's even WORSE guys.
  9. And most importantly--if you're not interested in going out again SAY SO. It's tough, but nothing is worse than waiting for a call you were told is coming that doesn't. And if you're told "thanks but no thanks" STOP CALLING THEM. (yes that happened to me too-I had to be a jerk to this one.)
Hopefully I won't ever have to have another first date again. I'm uneasy just looking at this list.

2 comments:

labrythyne said...

I agree. I'm in no mood to start this over again...

Most Happy Girl said...

Love the comic. My first date with Mr. Perfect is one of the few good first dates I've ever been on. I suppose it was a sign (though I don't believe in those kinds of signs).