Wednesday, September 14, 2011

shout it from the rooftops

Have you ever had news you want to share but don't because you want to keep it all for yourself? It's news so wonderful, so so special that you want to shout it from the roof tops but you just can't...because it's so wonderful, so special?

I never did. Until yesterday. It's a strange feeling. Especially for me because I'm an open book-you all know this. This feeling is entirely new to me, but I think I kinda like it.

Something happened to me yesterday that is wonderful. Something that I have waited not-so patiently for a long time.

When it first happened my initial impulse was to run through the streets screaming the wonderful news to the world like a banshee-which was then immediately followed by the intent desire to keep it where I felt it should be-between myself and the parties involved. I want to remember every word, thought, feeling, and reaction involved; and keep it all to myself to relish over again and again without muddying it up by sharing it with people not involved.

I hate posts like this, and I'm sorry for whetting your appetite and then not telling (no I'm not engaged). I just had to share something with someone; otherwise I knew would explode from happiness.

Life is good, God is great, and true happiness does come to those who wait.

6 comments:

Larissa said...

SO. NOT. FAIR.

Miss Megan said...

All I could think of while I read this was "Hey! You saw me yesterday! You were in my house and didn't say ANYTHING!" But, this isn't about me. And I don't care that I don't know what it is: CONGRATULATIONS, Kristen! I hope this feeling lasts and lasts and lasts. I'm so happy for you!

Aaron said...

This is kinda sorta the littlest bit cruel to your readers... but we're all happy for your happiness! So it's all good :)

Steph said...

Oh oh oh I know. You want to share the news that your favorite local producer/director/actor/friend busted open your tap class to personally wish you a happy birthday?!

miss kristen said...

Meg-Why would I say anything? Your house is adorable!

Steph-YES! (Although I was a little scared because I thought you were gonna whip out your angry face.) Thank you, by the way.

Aaron and Riss-I know, and I'm SORRY. I just had to say something because I knew I was gonna explode if I didnt. Please don't hate me-I've learned my lesson. :)

Larissa said...

Well now I'M gonna explode if you don't say something MORE!!!!! When is the pay-off?!?!?!