Friday, March 18, 2011

shoes! shoes! shoes! the secret of my shoes

If Avril Lavigne went to OZ she'd wear these...
I love shoes. I have way too many pairs of shoes for my own good. Expensive,  bargain, old, new, traditional, eclectic, strappy, flat, heels, tennies, sandals, flip flops...well you get the idea.

Mr. Wonderful doesn't 'get' the love I have for shoes. He thinks you only need four pairs of shoes: black, brown, dress, and athletic. He breaks his own rule because he has five-the previous plus a pair of work boots. I on the other hand have so many I have literally lost count. I have no room in my closet for them all so I have to store them under my bed and rotate for the seasons. (I was gonna take a picture so you'd believe me but the thought of pulling them all out and putting them all away again plum wore me out so you get what I already had on my phone.)

We were talking this week (post shoe purchase) and he just doesn't get it. The best way I could explain it to him was like this-when your weight fluxuates or if you are like me and are more...curvaceous than the average woman it can be down right discouraging to shop for, try on, and wear clothes. It's even MORE discouraging when the same clothes look so much cuter on women with smaller, less curvy frames. Shoes on the other hand are a completely different story. Shoes fit no matter what size you are. Shoes don't make you feel like a freak show and stop fitting right because you've got water weight or extra holiday pounds. Shoes don't shrink in the wash. You can buy the same pair of shoes as that skinny bitch in the magazine and still make them look as good as she did, if not better.

Upon finishing my explanation I was hoping the light would turn on, and his look would tell me he FINALLY understood what a pick me up shoes are. Instead he just looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears. 

Oh well. The ladies understand me. That being said...


the newest addition to my family. aren't they ADORABLE!?


7 comments:

Gingerstar.kw said...

Those are WAY cute new additions. :)

Miss Megan said...

Hi! I found your blog through Larissa's, and I hope you don't mind too much if I comment.

Women like to buy shoes and men apparently don't get it. It's the same way men like to buy a baseball hat for EVERY team they support, or buy EVERY new gadget that comes out. Do they really need to get the latest iPad that comes out every year? I submit not, but they love it anyway. Just like us with our shoes! Maybe my examples aren't perfect, but I hope you get the idea.

Thanks for posting! I love the new sneakers!

miss kristen said...

Of course Megan--comment away! I actually think it's quite hilarious how close we are without having actually met!!

-I went to school (and was friends with) Aaron
-I auditioned for Millie last year
-I've seen you at the Empress
-and we have loads of the same friends.

It was only a matter of time, actually. :)

Emmalee said...

I LOVE your new shoes! Where did you get them?

Most Happy Girl said...

Love the shoes. I don't have a ton of shoes...but Russ does! How funny is that? He also collects power tools. Maybe that's a comparison that Mr. Wonderful would understand. Or Megan's gadget comment is very accurate, too.

Jennifer said...

Oh Kristen..I love the new addition! And you know I too understand this addiction. I have however had to stop my shopping on QVC, I haven't added to my Birki collection in 2 yrs! I told Paul the other day I wanted a BIG gift card for my B-Day just for shoes..yes, he too does not understand! Boys, they are just silly!

Miss Kim said...

See, shoes do that for most women, and men have their gadgets and hats, but I am still looking for my pick me up. Clothes make me angry, shoes make me cry, gadgets just dont get me there, and now I'm trying to cut Food out of that position. Someone help me find my thing!!!