Wednesday, July 06, 2011

captain crabby pants

I think-no I KNOW I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Everything bugs the hell out of me today.

I have a white-hot flame burning in my belly, and you know what? Not only do I not care, I have no desire to try and put it out. Spare me the "anger will eat at you" spiel. NOT saying anything has eaten at me even MORE.

I'm sick of feeling the need to censor myself to protect the feelings of others. This is MY blog. I don't name names, I don't slander anyone, and I make no bones about the fact this is MY POINT OF VIEW. I write what I want, when I want, how I want. You don't like it DON'T READ IT. As cliche as it is, there's a little thing that says I can say and write what I want. It's called the FIRST AMENDMENT.

I hate that I am always so worried about what others think I can't write what I'm REALLY thinking.

I'm pretty sure a lot of this anger stems from the fact I haven't had an honest-to goodness vacation in almost two years. Well that and the fact no one appreciates being censored.

I'm tired of being a "yes man". Since when has that EVER been productive?

The customer is not always right. Sometimes it's ok to say "no". Saying no does NOT make you bad at what you do. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

I haven't looked at more than pictures of houses, and I'm already sick of it. It's NOT fun, and those who actually enjoy it need to have their heads checked.

I'm tired of always being nice.

Quit telling me that because I'm an actress I can pretend to be the type of person that makes YOU more comfortable.

Since when did it become unacceptable to say how you feel?
I should be able to express my thoughts and feelings without being labeled bitchy, whiny, difficult, selfish, or unreasonable. I know I have my moments, but find me someone who doesn't ever do any of these things every now and then and I'll show you some beautiful oceanfront property in Wyoming.

If I have to babysit one more adult I'm going to pop my eyes out with a spoon.

When did accountability and integrity go the way of the Dodo? Am I the only one who even CARES enough to say anything anymore? Oh wait. If I do I'm being a "bitch".

I'm tired of people telling me what to do. I'm thirty freaking years old. Stop being an annoying busy body and worry about YOU.

Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me wrong. Stop telling me that I am.

Looking out for my well-being does NOT make me selfish. If you are unwilling aide in your rescue it's not my job to put myself in harm's way. I am NOT your effing Knight in Shining Armor.

I'm tired of working my ass off and seeing no results.

I hate even more that I don't know what I'm doing WRONG, therefore I have no idea what I need to FIX.


Yes I know I'm being whiny, but you're the one who read this all the way through. Whose fault is that?


3 comments:

Steph said...

Sing it Sister!! Amen to it all. One of the many things I like about you, and there are many things I do like about you, is that you are blunt and honest. Plus your glasses are really cool!

Gingerstar.kw said...

"Like" :)

I hate having to feel like I should censure my own personal blog too.

KColton said...

Well said!! I'm so sick of being a people pleaser!! I have lost all my zeal to really blog recently because I don't feel I can really say what's on my mind. I care too much what people think BUT how do I ever get beyond that? If I end up offending someone I have such guilt and I wish it would go away. blah!

I love reading your blog because you are REAL! I love how honest you are and how you talk about real issues. It's helped me realize that I'm not the only one out there struggling with psycho, fake people! Thanks for being you!