Friday, July 08, 2011

attitude of gratitude

Sometimes it takes something huge to make you realize just how blessed you are. Then there are other times, in the chaos of life, a moment of quiet thought it hits you like a train-BAM! Last night I had one of those moments while I was driving home. I am especially grateful for this revelation right this moment because I have been going through a bit of a hard time lately (What? Really? You couldn't tell from my bi-polar posts over the last few weeks?), and sometimes all it takes is a bit of a reality check to put things into perspective. So if you don't mind I'm gonna take a few and share some of the things I'm most grateful for right now-in no particular order.

Mr. Wonderful. He really is wonderful-and I'm not just saying that. He is always so thoughtful and considerate towards me. He tries so hard to make sure I'm happy and he is ALWAYS showing me how much he loves me. He brought me milk and cleaned my house last night just to be helpful-between work and rehearsals (All Shook Up!) I have had little time for sleep, let alone much else. Come on, what boyfriend DOES that? He is such a good man, I know he will be a wonderful husband and father, and I just can't wait to marry him in the (hopefully) near future. (No, that is NOT an announcement.)

The Bestie. I am lucky enough to have found a once in a lifetime friend early on. She is much more than what I deserve. She is humble and considerate, forgiving to a fault, and is an example of everything I should be in my own life. It hasn't always been easy-I am a pill after all-yet she continues to allow me to share in her life. I couldn't love her more if she was my own flesh and blood. Words just can't express what she means to me.

My Talents- but more importantly I am grateful for the opportunity I get to share them with others. That is what TRULY makes me happy. I am even more grateful for the people that are so patient with me and teach me how to be the best I can be while I'm sharing those talents with all of you.

My Friends. I have been blessed with some INCREDIBLE people in my life-so many that it's just not possible to list you all-although I WISH I could. (psst! If you're reading this, I'm totally talking to YOU). YOU are an extension to my family down south. YOU are the people that buoy me up and make me want to be better. YOU are the ones who show me the kind of person I want to be. I have learned something from each and every one of you; for that I will forever be indebted to YOU.

My Family. My family is everything to me. Without them all I would be LOST. I am so so so blessed to have been born into the family I was-immediate and extended. I have the best parents possible who are so supportive, loving, and proud of me.

Kidlets. I am so blessed with the cutest, sweetest, smartest, and most loving nieces and nephews. I am also so lucky that I get to play Auntie to all of your children. Thank you for letting me use my maternal instincts and share their lives with you. It means more to me than you will ever know, and I love them all so so so much.

My Heavenly Father. I am by no means the best person or the best member of my religion, but I am so grateful that I don't feel as lost as a lot of people I know do. I'm so grateful that He's always there, patiently waiting for me to quit being a mule and allow Him to help me. I can often feel how much He loves me, and it's pretty amazing-especially because I know how difficult I am. I don't think about it as much as I should, but it's pretty incredible that I am a Child of God.

Although I've only mentioned the big stuff, every now and then we need to be reminded just how blessed we are-even if all we can come up with is the small stuff. It's amazing the perspective you gain when you stop and actually focus on what you have, instead of what you don't.

No comments: