Monday, April 18, 2011

excuses excuses

It's official. I have hit my wall. I am about as happy about that as most people are about getting a root canal.



I HATE going to the gym, but when I started going I went-albeit as hesitantly as possible-because I know it was a necessary evil. It also helped to know Mr. Wonderful was there and I would get an earful if I flaked.

I have now officially stopped caring, and it's NOT GOOD. I dread 4:00 because I know what it entails, and today Mr. Wonderful texted me to let me know we won't be crossing paths at the gym I start thinking of all the things I need to do before I head to St. George this weekend and that I've got a free pass NOT to go. Not to mention I'm still waiting for all these benefits promised to me to take effect. Little to no change at this pace enough to discourage even the most driven. Not to mention it is the #1 buzzkill/demotivator around.

I CAN NOT let myself fall into this mentality. I have done very well the last month and have gone at least three times a week. But I find myself rationalizing more and more lately to NOT go...Mr. Wonderful's text this afternoon didn't help much, either.

Ugh. I wish I was one of those people who LOVED going to the gym.

but alas, I am not. Peace out guys. I have an appointment with the gym...

1 comment:

labrythyne said...

Don't worry. I'm in the same boat. I need to get back into that routine of going to the gym. Once I got the high from running, I couldn't stop going... I just need to get to that point again... Grr.