Tuesday, May 03, 2011

day twenty-three


The only thing this picture and this blog post have in common is
that they're both random.

Fifteen random facts about me? Huh. You know it’s funny; you can name quirky things about yourself UNTIL someone asks you to share them. Most of these are known, some are not, there’s quite a few Disneyland related ones, but here we go:

  1. I didn’t ride on an airplane for the first time until March of 2002-I was 21, it was to Seattle to attend FiancĂ©e #1’s father’s wedding, and since it was six months after 9/11 I was more than a little bit nervous about it.
  2. I am such a Disneyland junkie I purchased an Annual Pass in 2009. I only went twice that year-but the perks and discounts it afforded me made it well worth it.
  3. I know how to get around Disneyland better than I do our own local amusement park: Lagoon. People ask me for navigation tips before they go.
  4. I have movies in my collection that have never been watched, let alone opened. (Like plastic wrapper opened-some still even have the tag on them...)
  5. I have never had a tan in my life thanks to my 50% fair Dutch skin. I have two levels: burn and peel.
  6. Thanks to my father I have a soft spot for classic, American muscle cars.
  7. My mother is the reason I like the Beach Boys.
  8. I wish I had more time (and space) to scrap book.
  9. I have had one cavity in my 30 years.
  10. Cooking for the people I love makes me happy.
  11. When I was eight I won an essay contest and got to ride on the Channel 4 float for the 24th of July parade. I ended up with heatstroke.
  12. I always have some sort of music playing device with me, whether it’s my iPod or Pandora on my phone.
  13. People watching in
    New Orleans Square
    with a mint julep and some beignets is one of my favorite things to do.
  14. I always get a little misty when I walk under the bridge for the Disneyland Railroad and onto
    Main Street
    after a long time away.
  15. Although I have lots of gadgets I have no idea how to use half of them. I have to rely on Mr. Wonderful and Superman Lover for help more often than not.

2 comments:

Most Happy Girl said...

Love the photo. How big is that duck?

miss kristen said...

I googled "random pictures" so I'm not sure. I think there's a building behind it, so big?