Sunday, May 08, 2011

day twenty-eight

My favorite movie? That's a loaded question. I worked at a movie theater from the summer I graduated High School until 2001, and then at Hollywood Video until 2006. So I've seen a lot of movies. Some good, some bad, some excellent. Whenever anyone asks me what my favorite movie is one of these titles pop into my head:

Mr. Holland's Opus. This movie has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. I was a band student and I'm lucky enough to have had my own Mr. Holland-this is probably why I love this movie so much.
BUT-if you haven't seen it. GO. WATCH IT. It is probably one of the most moving stories I've ever seen. Makes you wonder how many lives you've impacted just by being YOU.



Moulin Rouge. I wasn't too interested in it the first time I saw a trailer, but then I went to see it. Oh. My. Word.
The music, the colors, the story, the passion. Wow. I. love. this. movie. If you enjoy musical theater, a good love story, Baz Luhrmann (good rule of thumb-if you didn't like Romeo+Juliet or Strictly Ballroom you won't like this one), retoolings of favorite pop culture songs, and an evil maharajah this movie is for you. Plus you can't go wrong with Nicole Kidman and the Singing Jedi.

No comments: