Monday, October 24, 2011

make a joyful noise

Well, folks carolers rehearsals are now in full-swing. Aside from being behind because I'm a newb and learning everything from scratch instead of refreshing, it's rad. I haven't been in an honest-to-goodness choir for almost eight years and I had forgotten how happy choral singing makes me. There is nothing better to hear than a talented ensemble singing 8-part harmony. It's rad-I can't say that enough lately.

Last week I got some news. I don't know if it's a done deal so I doubt I'm supposed to tell, but we're all friends here so I'm gonna. But first a smidge of background:

As you are all aware, This is the Place Heritage Park is run largely in part by the LDS (Mormon) church. Because of this the "world" is pretty small.

Last week the person over the Heritage Carolers got a call. What kind of call you ask? Well an invitation. Not just any invitation, mind  you. An invitation for our little group to sing for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Yes, you read that right.



MoTab.

  








The Mormon.

                       Freaking.

                                  Tabernacle.

                                                      Choir.



My old Institute Choir director is a member.
No pressure or anything Kristen.

Needless to say I'm excited. Well excited and scared. Alright, mostly scared. I haven't been this excited since my A'Cappella choir was invited to sing with the Utah Symphony my Senior year.

We're awesome, but it's the freaking Mormon Tabernacle Choir for crying out loud!  Here's hoping it doesn't fall through and make a liar out of me. Regardless of whether or not that happens you need to pencil "A Candlelight Christmas" into your holiday schedule. As of right now I am the Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday cast. Those are all the specifics I know right now. I will definitely keep you all posted, and I must say although we are only two weeks in, we have an AWESOME music director, and we are already sounding pretty darn incredible, so I know it'll only get better from here.

You're missing out if you decide not to come!



3 comments:

Most Happy Girl said...

Way freaking cool (can I saw freaking when talking about the MoTab?)!!!!

miss kristen said...

I totally did.

Miss Megan said...

When do you get to perform for the MoTab? Is this, like, a precursor audition to sing WITH them? Sounds like it will be an amazing experience!! So excited for you!!!!