Monday, February 13, 2012

receiving line comments: Spitfire

Well folks, another show has come and gone. For those of you who showed us some love--THANK YOU. For those who didn't-well it's your loss.

I'm a swiper (and incapable of creative thoughts of my own...) and I'm copying my sweet sweet Larissa. You see, she's started recording the things people say to her in the receiving line. I got a few during my most recent run with Spitfire. So many that I can't remember them all and I WISH I had written them all down. Here are the few I do remember off the top of my head:

  • "You nailed the busy-body type"
  • "I hope you're not that bad in real life"
  • "Your hair is so shiny" No joke I was told this QUITE a few times.
  • "Do you color it?" Asked this after above comment.
  • Have you ever been to Manilla? The postmistress there is JUST like you!
  • "I hated you" (I hope it was Effy they hated and not me...)
  • "You were just so obnoxious...it made me so mad!"
  • "You have such a great voice!" (Said to Mason-our Eli-who says NOTHING the duration of the show...everyone thought they were so funny.)
  • "How in the world do you all keep your voices warm?"
  • "What great comic relief you were!"
  • "I could listen to you sing all day."-Aww thanks!!
  • "I just loved to hate you."
  • "Every time you came on stage I couldn't stop giggling."
  • "You were just so fun to watch! You looked like you had so much fun!"
  • "You all sounded so great together."-I'm assuming they were referring to Act 2's opener 'Come Alive Again'
  • "I had never heard of this show, but I'm so glad I came! It was so good!"
Those were the few I could remember, but everyone who left seemed to really have a good time. I'm grateful for everyone who came out to support us and I hope you all had as much fun watching as I did performing. I truly believe this show was Kismet; we all clicked and got along so well. Although it was so stressful in the beginning it was also so much fun and one of the best theatre experiences ever. I will miss it and my wonderful cast mates, but I'm ready for my life to be my own again, to have my weekends back to actually go on dates with Mr. Wonderful, and tap. Can I just say how excited I am to see my tap peeps again!? I have missed them so!

4 comments:

S.R. Braddy said...

Doesn't it feel so good to be part of a show Stephen Sondheim likes?

miss kristen said...

Heck ya. ;)

Larissa said...

I love being swiped! And I love you! Double love! Great job on this show Kristen. I couldn't have done as amazing you as you - hats off, my friend, hats off!

Most Happy Girl said...

We loved the show. We just sorry we couldn't work it out to bring the kids. I think they would have loved it. (P.S. You do have a great voice!)