Tuesday, November 01, 2011

i guess i didn't get the memo

I don't know about you all, but my Halloween was pretty lack luster. So much so that I'm kinda losing faith in the holiday...

I had only four trick-or-treaters-yes you read that right. I said FOUR-and I know I live in an apartment, but come on, it's practically kid central here. Plus I had my cute, fun Halloween wreath up to prove I am TOTALLY legit and everything! Pathetic, yes? Well I can top that...I was one of three people at work who didn't get the memo you don't celebrate Halloween ON Halloween anymore...oh well. At least I looked cute and I got to wear jeans to work on a Monday.


On a happier note my butternut squash and freshly baked rolls were delish...recipe to follow soon after I tweak it a little more.

Side side note...I just looked out the window and it's SNOWING. Yuck. At least we got a little bit of a fall before the Christmas crazies got their way.

2 comments:

S.R. Braddy said...

I wore no Halloween costume at all this year and attended no parties on Halloween night. I went to bed at 10:00. It was marvelous.

Also, my "word verification" thing is "hoothell," which is just too funny. Sounds like a terrible place for an owl.

Miss Megan said...

Last year I was the only person to dress up in the office, so this year I didn't even try. It's the first year I didn't dress up on Halloween and I feel I should have been sadder about it.

I've never had a single trick-or-treater at my condo, so this year I went to my parents house and helped hand out candy. The kids in your complex must have gone there, because their street was a madhouse.

I'm so sorry the night was disappointing, but excited to try your recipes!!