Friday, March 23, 2012

come on down to the creek...

City Creek, that is. Last night Sparky and I visited the brand new City Creek Shopping Center. Although I heard on the news they expected over 50,000 people to visit opening day I was just too curious to wait. Here are a few highlights:

-It was busy, but WASN'T wall-to-wall people like we thought it would be.
-For some odd reason the new smell of everything made me happy.
-Trying on a $37,000 engagement ring at Tiffany & Co. yes it was GORGEOUS, and yes I day dreamed about it the rest of the night.
-Utah has a DISNEY STORE again!! (although there was a Disneyland-esque line to get in so we skipped it. What I could see from the windows was lovely.)
-The weather was perfect.
-There are a few bargain stores-I got a cute bracelet at Love Culture for $2.00!
-The Kneaders is HUGE, and surprisingly efficient. When you go say 'hi' to Tui (too-EE) for me.
-The only stores that validate are Nordies and Macy's-or maybe it's H&M, I can't remember. So unless you want to pay $2.00/hour for parking ride Trax and literally be dropped off at the front door.
-Getting yelled at by the po-pos because apparently jay walking is illegal... (whoops)
-Spending the evening window shopping with Sparky.
-Walking around slack-jawed at how much some women are willing to spend on a formal dress ($800)
-The sky walk separating the two malls was our favorite-SO BEAUTIFUL!!
-Although I won't realistically ever shop there I WILL go to just walk around and enjoy the weather. (That and it's easier to window shop when you can't even pretend to afford anything you're looking at.)

All in all it was a great night, and I highly recommend you visit-and SOON. (If the crowds weren't that bad on opening night y'all will be fine--PROMISE.

And if anyone needs someone to go with them, I'll go again. It was WAY cool.

3 comments:

Larissa said...

Maybe we should go eat at Kneader's for our next ladies' dinner....just saying:-)

Most Happy Girl said...

I'm also deliriously happy that it will be closed on Sundays. Is that bad of me? Do I care?

miss kristen said...

Riss-I concur!! I LOVE City Creek!!

MHG-I'm glad it's closed on Sundays too, but I only would have worried if the Church opted to be open...