Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer fun

So last night my friend B and I thought it would be fun to go skating. For those of you who know me, you know this is a BIG DEAL. Right out of high school I worked at the Hollywood Connection (HoCo). I started my time there as a skate attendant. Before that I was an avid skater growing up. Well two summers ago I was at my niece Rylee's birthday party, and due to circumstances beyond my control I got tangled up in another skater and as a result I nearly blew my knee out and ended up on crutches for three weeks. Naturally since then I have been apprehensive at the thought of getting on eight wheels again. Well after many months of scheduling conflicts, B and I FINALLY made it. All I have to say is that some things never change. Skaters are still ignorant, floor guards are still poorly trained, and I still LOVE to skate. Although I have never been very good and I was scared out of my mind, I had a ball. But I did decide that I need to purchase new skates. The rental ones STILL tear my feet up. I looked on Ebay today and found these beauties:
The best part is that they are $119.00 +s&h (which is GREAT compared to the $500-plus they are everywhere else), I can choose a white or black boot, and I get to pick the wheel colors!! I can't decide if I want to do all green, or a mix. Decisions decisions!
Well at the end of the night my old injuries ached, I was WAY tired, and my feet were all sorts of hurting, but it turned out to be a good night. Now I just need to get these skates and I'll be good to go!! Here's some pictures from the fun we had last night:



Phil, B, and my head growing out of her shoulder...










Me and my little eskimo...







Ha ha ha. She was being serious and I snuck in and stole the scene.
I'm such a stealthy ninja!







She didn't fall once...well not until the skates came off...









Battle damage! Friggin' Sweet!!!

1 comment:

labrythyne said...

i look so out of it in these pictures.... but i did have a ton of fun that night. :) we should definitely go again. get phil to come too.