Monday, November 19, 2012

hair today...gone tomorrow

I've been debating cutting my hair for a while. Like a LONG while. The last six months or so have not been the best, and the last few weeks were the last straw. It was time for a change and a little positive energy. I had been growing it out with the intention to donate but I had originally planned to grow it to my waist so I had a little more wiggle room. Last week I started seriously considering cutting my hair, and although I had my reservations (change is scary!) the thought stayed persistent and wouldn't go away. In my experience when the thought won't go away it's because it needs to happen, so I scoured the interwebs to find something that I liked. I found this:

LOVE.

I then had the following conversation with my good friend Karalee:


Followed with this picture:
Yeah I'm rad when it comes to explaining what I want. Lucky for me Karalee is amazing.

Kar came over on Saturday and after about 30 minutes of making sure we were on the same page we set to work. I'm not going to lie. I was nervous. So nervous that I told her to just cut it without warning me so I couldn't change my mind. She put it in four pony  tails and got to work. Two hours, one color job, and eleven inches later this is what I got:


I'm still getting used to styling short hair, and my neck is SUPER itchy where my hair is rubbing it, but other than that I LOVE it. Aside from a few 'mehs' from silly boys everyone loves it too! I've even been told I look younger-which is good-but I'm worried now I look TOO young!

I'll be mailing my pony off to Locks of Love later this week. I hope whoever gets my hair loves it as much as I did!






3 comments:

Most Happy Girl said...

Love it! Good for you!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KColton said...

You look fabulous!