Friday, October 19, 2012

revisited



I have never been one for revisiting the past. I find for me it’s hard to move forward if I do, so although I often look back on things fondly I rarely go back and revisit it. I have never gone to a High School reunion; I rarely shed tears when a show comes to a close, and I am always trying to live my life the best I can and make wonderful memories for myself, but always keep moving forward. I have also found the few times I have allowed myself to revisit the past it has left me wishing I had just left well enough alone and not marred the memories I did have.  

Wednesday night was the first time I was actually glad to revisit something. About a month ago Steph emailed us and let us know that the South Valley Theater Association asked all the arts councils in the valley to do a reprisal of one of their shows from the year for a benefit concert, and she wanted to know if the Wonderettes would be interested in getting back together for this one night event.
After making sure I schedule was open (thanks to rehearsals for this) I said yes to revisiting Missy and singing with the Wonderettes again. As skeptical as I was at first-it had been almost three months since we'd closed--I'm so glad my schedule allowed me to do this. It was only a 10-minute set, and the tech aspect was more than a little rough, but it was so much fun being on stage with the girls singing our songs again, and I was so glad friends who hadn't been able to see the show initially were able to come get a taste of this adorable production. I had completely forgotten how much I love Missy and doing this show. She is in my top three roles and I wouldn't hesitate at the opportunity to play Missy again. Thanks to the SVTA for putting this together!

Be Marvelous!


Together again! (Suzy, Cindy Lou, Betty Jean, and Missy-The Marvelous Wonderettes!)


1 comment:

Aaron said...

I'm extremely happy you accepted the offer, too! I was so bummed to miss the full show during its run, so catching this set was fantastic (and it certainly wouldn't have been the same without you)!