Wednesday, February 23, 2011

childhood trauma

This morning I saw a commercial for the Blu Ray release of "Bambi". The tag line for this promotion is

"Share the movie every childhood deserves."


Umm...all I remember is being TRAUMATIZED by this movie. Although some of the cutest scenes ever are in this movie-Bambi learning to speak, calling Flower a flower, Thumper, and the like, but

Bambi's mom dies.

BAMBI'S MOM DIES


BAMBI'S MOM DIES-not just dies-she's

KILLED.

BY A HUNTER.

AAAND...YOU DON'T EVEN SEE HIS FACE!!!


Way to go Walt for singlehandedly introducing me to death, devastation, and trauma in one fail swoop. All at the tender age of six.

Yes, kids DEFINITELY need this movie in their childhoods...

4 comments:

The Bakers said...

Agreed!! It is the worst, but for some reason those comercials made me order it, don't judge me :)

Steph said...

Oh my gosh, I think I just peed a little! I am at Disneyland this week so I will tell Walt!! I think this is the only Disney movie I do not own for those reasons.

Larissa said...

Lol.

And your comment on my blog? Gee...Facebook stalk you and then stalk you AGAIN? Gee, I have NO idea to whom you could be referring.

labrythyne said...

psssh, are you really that surprised by this? it's DISNEY!!!