Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Update

Wow, I really suck at this lately.

Not much has been going on in the Fox casa as of late, but a few things have happened that merit mentioning.

Christmas happened. Mine was good. A little bittersweet because Mr. Wonderful and I couldn't make it down to St. George like we had hoped, but I spent the day with him and his family so it was nice. Mr. Wonderful even did a few of my family's traditions with me (A Christmas Story on TBS all day-he even started quoting lines by the end of it-SCORE!, and opening presents through the day), so that was really nice. Plus we'll be headed down there for the weekend on the 18. 

I have two more nights (Thursday and Friday-weather permitting) up at This is the Place for Candlelight Christmas. I'm so glad I was able to be a part of this again. It really helps get me into the right frame of mind for Christmas, plus it's so fun to dress up and share my talents with others. I LOVE to watch people's faces light up when they see us come up the street. We even had a few people at off site performances stop us and tell us they had come up and their kids couldn't stop talking about us, or that they were already planning to come but couldn't wait to see us in the park. I'm not going to lie; knowing how loved this group is makes all the rehearsals, driving back and forth, and wig-wearing SO worth it.

Let's see...anything else. Oh, I was cast as Shelby in "Steel Magnolias" last week. No biggie. I KID. It's a HUGE deal!! I am so so excited to work with Midvale, Steph, Casey, and her pro team. Plus I get to play a role I have dreamed about playing since I was 17, so that in and of itself is pretty dang cool. We start rehearsing next week and we run February 22-March 2, 2013. I pick up my script tonight and I can't wait to start.




Well, that's it kiddoes. Hope you had a fun, family filled holiday, and if I don't see you before then I hope you have a safe and fun New Year! (Mr. Wonderful works til 11:00 that night, so if anyone wants to let me tag along on their evening let me know.) :)

3 comments:

Most Happy Girl said...

We're going to a party with some really old friends of ours, but they are all theater geeks, so you'd fit right in. Let me know if you want to come!

KColton said...

congrats on getting the part of Shelby!! The movie is soooo sad....will they change it for the play?

miss kristen said...

Heck no!! It's pretty much the same. It's gonna be great!