Tuesday, July 17, 2012

everyone is born good

Last night at the show my dear, wonderful, darling Stephanie and I were talking. The Marvelous Wonderettes is at the Midvale amphitheater, and although it's a lovely venue like anywhere else it gets it's share of turd-heads. Well, we were talking about four adorable boys who looked like turd-heads but turned out to be the sweetest (and most helpful) boys around. It was then that Steph told me that all people are born good, they have to learn to be bad, and shared a great story.

Stephanie has a friend. Her name is Peggy. Her son's name is Jack. And Jack read a story about...wait. I'll just cut and paste Peggy's story-she tells it better than I ever could:

"Jack came home from school a few weeks ago talking about a book he'd read about a girl in Florida who raised enough money to buy bullet proof resistant vests for all of the K9 dogs in the state. He thought this was awesome and wanted me to call our friend who works for a neighboring police department to find out if their dog needs a vest and if so, he wants to sell sno-cones in front of our house to raise money. I was so touched that he would want to do that! He said, "They keep us safe, Mom. So we need to keep them safe too!" Then he decided that he would call his endeavor "Sno-Cones for Safety." Who is this kid? Love him! So we contacted our friend who got permission from the Chief and we are going to do this! The dog DOES have a vest, but they can always use money for training, food, etc. so we're going forward. If you would like to make a donation to Jack's "Sno-Cones for Safety" campaign email me your info at jackjacksmom@gmail.com and I'll tell you how you can donate if you're too far away to stop by for a sno cone. So every Thursday (Thoughtful Thursday), we'll be selling Sno Cones to raise money for Delta, their K9."

Seriously, how great is this sweet little boy? Of course I immediately went to her donate icon and donated $5.00. How can you say no? These K-9's work just as hard as their human partners, (and become members of their partners families) so they should be kept safe too!

Please go to Peggy's blog, read the story, and if you have a heart donate to this sweet boy's worthwhile cause. And then spread the word. Every little bit helps-let's help Jack raise more than his $300 goal!! 

3 comments:

Larissa said...

I just put my $5 in. Thanks for the heads-up!

Peggy said...

I'm just sitting here reading this feeling all teary because you sweet people are donating to my son's cause and this is something that means so much to him! My son IS good, but he's good because there is good all around him. Thanks for perpetuating that. This is a part of the whole "it takes a village" mentality. Thanks, you guys, for being part of Jack's village.

Steph said...

You! You are just ... oh Sis! You make me so happy. Thanks for being so good and helping Jack!