Thursday, December 29, 2011

couch potato

I have a confession. My name is Miss Kristen and I am a bona fide couch potato.
I had been living in a state of denial until earlier this week. You see, until recently all I've had is the red couch I bought almost new off of ksl two years ago. Although it serves its purpose it has HUGE back rest cushions that have a tendency to take up the entire couch, making it hard to stay seated on the thing; forget about lounging on it. Until...

Fast forward to two weeks ago. LB2 and SIL2 came to Salt Lake for brother's work. They brought me a glorious gift: a Love Sak. Not just any Love Sak. The big one. The one that's so big it takes up my living room. The one so big Mr. Wonderful and I don't have to be contortion experts to snuggle on and watch a movie. The one that's so big there's no way I could have afforded it-sand neither could they had it not been LB2's last employee purchase before changing jobs. That Love Sak.

You guys, it's like sitting in a hug. I've napped in it several times. It's where I sought respite after the horrific event that was last Wednesday. It's also where I have sorry to admit I have  begun to forge many a bad habit. Bad habits like eating garden veggie reduced cal cream cheese and triscuits. Catching up on the last five episodes of Glee--in one sitting. Simply sitting and doing nothing. It's a major time suck, but I love it.

If these weren't indicators enough of my current plight I got excited planning my first free evening in almost a month as sitting in the hug and catching up on the Grey's, New Girl, Once Upon a Time, and How I Met Your Mother quickly accumulating on the DVR.

You guys, it's bad. I know I shouldn't, but I just can't get enough of this thing. Everyone should have a Love Sak! If being a couch potato is wrong I don't wanna be right...ok, maybe I do, but it's gonna be a hard thing to give up for sure.

1 comment:

Miss Megan said...

Confession: I've been up for two hours, and have yet to get off the couch, change out of my pajamas, or even eat breakfast (this yogurt has been sitting next to me, untouched, for at least an hour). It's not just you.

Sometimes, relaxation is good. Enjoy it while you can. Heaven knows you've been crazy-busy lately, and will be again shortly!