Wednesday, November 17, 2010

recognition

Anyone who’s been there will agree with me when I say this. Customer Service is HARD. As much as I love my job, this week has been particularly trying and it’s started to wear on me. Today instead of another low I got to experience one of the highs you can only get in Customer Service. Today my co-workers and I received the Heart of Nicco Award for the 4th Quarter.
This is cool-for a few reasons.
One: Andrea and I have only been a team here for five months. That’s right. FIVE.
Two: It’s based entirely on peer nomination and selection.
Three: We were brought in to clean up a mess. The expectations were VERY high, and this shows we have delivered.

Aside from those reasons I’m just so ecstatic because I’m not used to this. I have never worked for a company that recognizes good things like Nicholas. I’m used to having all my hard work go unnoticed while my short comings and failures were magnified and nit-picked. It’s weird to not dread coming to work every day. Aside from the occasional hard day or two I really do love my job. It’s cool.

The bottom line is this: it’s nice to be recognized for a job well done-from the Executive level all the way to my peers.

Figures I looked like crap today-in front of the whole company.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!