Thursday, September 25, 2008

Coming over to the darkside

Well, not really. Although I was pretty surprised last night when Scott told me what he wanted for dinner. Sushi.
I love the stuff, but like most people who have never had it before he had always said he refused to eat raw fish. Well for his birthday in June I took him to Tepanyaki for dinner. He naturally got the cooked stuff, and I got some Sunshine Rolls. Well, after a lot of persuasion I finally got him to try one. It's been down hill ever since. My favorite comment he made that night was, "It's not bad. It's not something I would order for myself, but it's good." Oh how this boy makes me giggle. Because the next time we went, I couldn't keep him away from my plate! Then finally the deal breaker last night, when he was the one requesting sushi. I always get the sunshine roll, but Scott is big on mixing things up and trying new things, so we tried the dragon roll. It was good, but I don't think I dig the spicy tuna. :( He loved it though. I even got him to try edamame. YUM! The transition to Japanese cuisine is almost complete. ;)
Then to top it all off I even got him to pose-literally-for a picture with me!! (For those of you who don't know this-he's anti anti photo taking. And yes, that's the only face he knows how to make.)

He's just so cute-I don't know why he hates pictures so. I just look tired. And what's with that weird flippy part of my hair? Huh.






2 comments:

Michael said...

OH MY GOODNESS! The first time I tried sushi it was so gross but I kept trying and now I'm addicted! I use Sushi as a motivator to work out which means I don't eat it a lot but that's good or I'd be broke. You must try the restuarant Takashi downtown salt lake YUM! It's expensive but I love sitting at the bar and having the chef make us a random dish. I love the sauces, miso, and anything fried! I'm having major cravings!

Sheena Cody and Taylor said...

Hey there saw you on Jenna's blog and wanted to add you to mine. Hope you don't mind!