Friday, January 13, 2012

a desperate theatre zombie plea

Few words strike fear into the heart of an actor like 'tech week'. The fear is even more intense when you've only had three weeks of full-time rehearsals and your first run through of the show is on your preview night. On the other hand, only actors can know the satisfaction that comes after a particularly stressful (and rough) tech week and preview, knowing that it will only get better from there. Yes, I look like (and feel) an extra off of 'The Walking Dead', but you know what? It's worth it.

Once again here is my plea. PLEASE come see 'The Spitfire Grill'. I will warn you-due to a positive but crazy rehearsal experience and essentially putting an entire show together in three weeks-the first few performances will be especially rough, but I promise there is a diamond underneath just waiting to shine--and boy oh boy it will. Please come and support me, the Empress, and most importantly this AMAZING show. It is our 2012 season opener and we have been all but forgotten. There has been NO marketing and we need butts in the seats. Then we need those butts to go out and tell other butts to come sit in the seats too. We need YOU to help spread the word. Bribe them with 2 for 1 tickets when they use 'coffecups' at the box office or online if you have to. Just PLEASE help! 

More than anything I am worried people will miss this show simply because they didn't know about it. I know you all can't come, but you all can help spread the word. It takes next to no time to send out a mass email (Empress ,Facebook)--people do it for stupid stuff, why not do it for something that's important to a friend? I would do it for you. *oh yeah, I SO went there.

Ok, I promise that's it for the shameless plug, and my next post won't be quite so desperate.

No comments: