Tuesday, December 31, 2013

sayonara 2013

I couldn't let today pass without the obligatory New Year's post. Overall 2013 was a pretty great year. I'm taking a page from my sweet friend Larissa and I'm doing a past year's resolution list, and because I can't blatantly rip her off, I'm making a few tweaks at the end.

So here you go, in no particular order, past year's resolutions:

  1. Get engaged!
  2. Get married! The best, happiest, hardest thing I have ever done (and planning it in seven weeks was the easy part).
  3. Play a bucket-list role (Shelby in Steel Magnolias)
  4. Play a wicked Queen
  5. Survive an Ice Rain storm
  6. Become a Mary Kay consultant and end the fiscal year in the top ten for my Unit. 
  7. Have my picture taken with a real-life Iron Man.
  8. Have lots of bestie time with Sparky.
  9. Help build a 9' Hulk out of Legos. 
  10. See lots of plays like The Odd Couple, Thoroughly Modern Millie, and Forever Plaid.
  11. See Boybandpalooza in Vegas with my two gals Steph and Mel. Let inner 16-year old out. 
  12. Participate in a Las Vegas "wedding" 
  13.  Experience Steph's first viewing of the 'Red Solo Cup' music video at I love this bar and grill.
  14. See lots of concerts like Brad Paisley, Plain White T's, Boybandpalooza (NKOTB, Boyz II Men, 98* Degrees), and P!nk (well, until P!nk rescheduled for January 20) 
  15. Sing with the Heritage Carolers 
  16. Participate in the first ever Heritage Caroler's World Tour.
  17. Get stuck on I-15 for three hours on the way to St George. Witness Ashley try to pee in the snow-and fail. (She succeeded in getting snow in places one shouldn't though!) 
  18. Take a six-month break from the stage. 
  19. Have an Alice in Wonderland themed wedding shower complete with lip sync-off ala Jimmy Fallon.
  20. Have a karoke bachelorette party and sing 'Touch-a touch-a touch me"  
  21. See the Famous Idaho Potato Tour.
  22. Accept a new position at work and gain the ability to work from home.
  23. Make trips to St George to see my family and celebrate niece's birthdays.
  24. Watch Chef in the Making's stage debut as Snow White in Into the Woods. 
  25. Be able to follow the Spirit and Pay it Forward to a stranger during Christmas.
Every year I say I'm not going to make any resolutions, but every year I do anyway. I try to keep them realistic so I don't get overwhelmed. I usually keep them to myself but this year I decided I needed a little more accountability so I'm posting here.

  1. Read 30 new books along with re-reading Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. 
  2. Work on my patience. 
  3. Finish the #bofm365 challenge
  4. Blog more.
  5. Visit my first love with my new love on our anniversary. (Disneyland & Mr. Wonderful)
  6. Love me for me.
  7. Work on being happier-accentuate the positive and stop dwelling on the negative. 
  8. Be a better friend/wife/sister/daughter/aunt 
Well friends I hope your 2013 was great and your 2014 is everything you want it to be.
Because there were just too many photos this year (and not at all because I'm obsessed with this app), here is a highlight reel. Thanks Lady Gaga for the music and flipagram for the app! 

1 comment:

Most Happy Girl said...

I think I spotted Percy and Harry in your photo mash! Thank you!